Friday, November 9, 2018
A few updates and a request for volunteers for 2 positions:
First, to help us prepare for the 2019 season we need 2 people to fill key positions. We really could use your help so thank you for considering:
- Volunteer Coordinator helps do background clearances, communicates with coaches about the process, facilities updating our volunteer list, and helps reach out to people to fill open positions. This person usually interacts with coaches, volunteers, and other board members and usually has 5-7 hours per month from late January-early April.
- Kid Pitch Team Coordinator helps coordinate coaches, field assignments, prepare coaches for season, and help with the coaches or parents with questions through the spring season. Usually a few hours per week from Feb- Early June (end of school). A full job description (although it says more than Kid Pitch but its the same for all levels) is available at https://ephratabaseball.stonealley.com/files/Ephrata/EBA%20TBall%20and%20Coach%20Pitch%20JD%202017.pdf
- Please email Jeremy Jones, EBA President, at email@example.com or myself at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or interest.
Other Important News:
- Little League Charter: The EBA Board voted to cease our Little League charter effective immediately at the meeting on November 4, 2018. Although we still have youth baseball for ages 5-10 we have the infrastructure and experience to provide it in an "in-house" format without the administrative responsibilities that comes with the Little League(R) charter. The quality baseball instruction and fun learning atmosphere will continue for Ephrata youth.
- Age Cut Off Change: The age cut-off date that determines what age group your player is assigned has changed to April 30th. We will use this for all age groups from 5-14 year olds and its effective for the Spring 2019 season. Last year it was August 31st but before that it was April 30th so they are just reverting back. The organization (LCYBL) we are affiliated with for 9-14 year olds voted to revert back to 4/30 so we are applying it to all age groups for simplicity sake. For example, if you were born 5/1/2006 - 8/31/2006, the player would play in 12U now instead of moving up to 14U. We estimate this will affect 15-20 players from last spring. When you register, it will give you the assigned age group based on the birthdate you've entered in your account.
- Spring Registration will open in mid-November. I'm estimating 11/18/2018. For 10U and 12U players wishing to play on the travel teams, evaluations will be December 8th and 15th at either 9, 10, 11 am. Those players will need to register by 12/7/18 and choose one date & time during registration. All others have more time to register and those deadlines will be posted on the website when registration opens. More on registration soon...
On behalf of the EBA,