Ephrata Mounts Fall Baseball Announcement Highlights
- Registration (in-person only) will be Tuesday, September 8th starting at 5:30pm, Snyder Park (newer pavilion).
- Age as of 4/30/2021: 10U (8-10), 12U (11-12), and 14U (13-14)
- Registration cost: $75 for the season (non-refundable) or $5 per player per session (must be paid the day of instruction, $75 cap for the season, no refunds)
- One-time EBA Covid safety & Insurance waiver must be signed and handed-in on 9/8 (see at the bottom).
- Covid-19 Questionnaire must be completed before Every practice, see link below:
- Players must bring their own glove, bat and water bottles marked with their name on them. Equipment, other than baseballs, and water cannot be shared by players, and EBA will not be providing these items for players’ use. The EBA will provide helmets for use for players who don’t have their own. All EBA helmets and other equipment will be cleaned and sanitized after each practice. Helmets will not be shared by players.
- Ephrata Baseball Helmets will be available for sale, limited stock - $26 each, cash or check only.
- All players and parents must wear masks for registration and check-in prior to practice. Coaches and instructors will provide information on mask and social distancing requirements at the fields. Signs will also be posted with these requirements.
Mounts Hardball Academy
Focus: Instructional training on hitting, position specific, and in-game situational training. This year, we are planning to have instructional training on Tuesdays and Thursdays, along with friendly scrimmages and additional instruction on Saturdays.
Instruction: Experienced coaches with over 100+ years of coaching will lead the academy sessions. This is also a great time for those interested in coaching and are looking to learn before taking the head coach role.
Season Cancellation: Ephrata Baseball Association will advise participating families if the Fall Hardball Academy must be cancelled at any point during the season due to loss of fields or for Covid-19 related factors.
Covid Questionnaire: A very brief questionnaire will be completed by parent prior to each practice/game. This is to minimize the risk of exposure for all players and coaches.
EASD-COVID-19 Return to Sports Action Plan – We will follow these protocols.
One-time EBA Covid safety & Insurance waiver must be signed and handed-in on 9/8 (see at the bottom).
- Age as of 4/30/2021: 10U (8-10), 12U (11-12), and 14U (13-14)
- Programs for under 8 will resume in the spring.
- Scrimmages on Saturdays starting October 3rd (tentative date).
- Cost: $75 for the season (non-refundable) or $5 per player per session (Must be paid the day of instruction, $75 cap for the season, no refunds)
- Schedule: Beginning Tuesday, 9/8 and ending Saturday 10/31.
- Location and Days:
- 10U - Snyder Park (Field 2)
- T and Th, 5:30pm-dusk & Sat, 10am-11:30pm
- 12U - Snyder Park (Field 3)
- T and Th, 5:30pm-dusk & Sat, 10am-12pm
- 14U - Snyder Park (Field 1)
- T and Th, 6pm-dusk & Sat, 10am-12pm
Registration: 5:30pm on 9/8, Snyder Park Pavilion (new pavilion)
EBA Covid safety & Insurance waiver: Please printer-out and sign. Must be handed in on 9/8.
Ephrata Baseball Association Participants
I, ___________________________ the parent/guardian of the registrant __________________________, a minor, or adult registrant of legal age, agree that I and the registrant will abide by the rules of the Ephrata Baseball Association and its affiliated organizations and sponsors, recognizing the possibility of physical injury associated with baseball, in consideration for Ephrata Baseball Association, and accepting the registrant for its baseball programs and activities ('the Programs').
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in any Ephrata Baseball Association events or activities, I understand, acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I certify that the registrant is physically fit and able to participate in the program event or activity and has not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical professional.
- COVID-19: The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. It is believed that an individual can be in infected with COVID-19 without their knowledge and be asymptomatic. Ephrata Baseball Association has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, Ephrata Baseball Association cannot guarantee that your minor (registrant) or adult registrant of legal age or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19, including your family members and relatives. Participation in an Ephrata Baseball Association program(s), related event, camp or activity, could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. By signing this agreement, I ACKOWLEDGE the contagious nature of COVID-19 and VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THE RISK that my minor (registrant) or adult registrant of legal age may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in an Ephrata Baseball Association program(s), related event, camp or activity, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death to my child (minor), myself, my spouse, guests, unborn child, or relatives. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at an Ephrata Baseball Association program(s), related event, camp or activity may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself or others, including, but not limited to, Ephrata Baseball Association coaches, volunteers, and program participants. I UNDERSTAND AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL the foregoing risks related to COVID-19 for the registrant and accept sole responsibility for any injury or illness that may occur. Further, I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Ephrata Baseball Association, its coaches, volunteers, Board Members, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Ephrata Baseball Association program(s), related event, or activity.
- I acknowledge and fully understand that the registrant (minor) or adult registrant of legal age will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death. These risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by: (a) the actions, inactions or negligence of Ephrata Baseball Association, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials, organizers and Board Members; (b) conditions of the premises or equipment used; (c) rules of play; (d) temperature; (e) weather; (f) condition of participants; and, (g) vehicular traffic. I further acknowledge and fully understand that there may also be other risks that are not known or foreseeable at this time. I KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF EPHRATA BASEBALL ASSOCIATION OR OTHERS, AND I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR THE REGISTRANT’S PARTICIPATION.
- I, the parent/guardian of the registrant, a minor, or adult registrant of legal age, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby waive, release, discharge, and agree not to sue the Ephrata Baseball Association, its officers, directors, contractors, volunteers, representatives, coaches, and other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers and if applicable, (collectively the Releasees), from any and all claims WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, any liability and expenses WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES which I may have or which may subsequently accrue to me, relating to, resulting from or arising out of my use and/or participation in any programs, events or activities of Ephrata Baseball Association, including any injury or damage to my person or property, or to that of any other person or property.
- I consent to the registrant receiving medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during any program, event or activity. I release Ephrata Baseball Association and all persons participating in any such medical treatment from all responsibility for any such actions.
- I intend that this Waiver and Release of Liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Participant has read and voluntarily signed this Release, and further agrees that no other presentations, statements, or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Signature: _________________________________________ Date: ____________________________