Spring 2023 Registration
We will be accepting registrations for the 2023 Spring baseball season starting October 21st, 2022. If you have a child interested in playing for EBA this coming spring, please register as soon as possible. Due to league commitments and for planning purposes, we need to solidify our rosters for the Spring season by mid February. We make every effort to place every registered player on a team. Depending on the number of players registered in an age group, we may not have enough to fulfill a team and will provide refunds and/or other options for the players that are not assigned to a team. Coaches use evaluations, workouts, and/or prior coach feedback to assign players to teams.
- Teeball: 5-6 year olds (In-house and play on Ephrata-area fields)
- Coach Pitch: 6-8 year olds (In-house and play on Ephrata-area fields)
- 10U: 7-10 year olds (We have travel teams and in-house teams. Read more in the details below).
- 12U, & 14U are Travel teams that will play in the LCYBL and will play thoroughout the Lancaster County and surrounding area.
Age Chart: All age groups have a cut-off of 4/30. As an example, two players in the same grade with one having a birthdate of 4/30 and the other born on 5/1, they could be in different age groups. When doing the online registration, your age group options will display based on the age you listed in your account setup.
EBA Spring Registration Fees:
- All LCYBL travel teams start Winter Workouts the first week of January. Get registered early to join in these workouts and receive communications on dates and times.
- The registration fee does include part of the uniform. Please see the Uniform & Equipment section for details.
- Multiple-child discount of $15 for each player when registering 2 or more players is automatically applied with online registration when all players are registered at the same time.
- Refund Policy: If a refund is requested, we reserve the right to reduce the refund by any costs that we’ve incurred. Examples of those costs are registration fees, uniforms, league fees, etc. Submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the player’s name and reason. If approved, you’ll receive a refund within four weeks from requested date.
- Financial Assistance Scholarships can be requested and reviewed by emailing email@example.com. Please include your player’s name, age level, and we will help in anyway we can.
What to expect after registration:
Teeball and Coach Pitch Teams will begin practicing in late March or early April and you’ll hear from your coach with more details around that time. Typically, a team will practice 1-2 times per week and when games start it will be a max of 3 times per week. Each coach makes their schedule according to field availability and other variables. No events are scheduled on Sundays unless weather cancellations require make ups. The season typically ends in early June but your coach will provide your schedules. Please note any scheduling conflicts during registration and we’ll try to accommodate. We ask for your child’s school as we try to place them on teams that will practice close to that area.
10U Teams In-house Teams: For ages 8-10 we have in-house teams and travel teams. In-house teams will play in the Ephrata-area, the season will be begin March and end in early June. If you want your player to be in the in-house team, please register for 10U and note your preference in the comments section.
10U/12U/14U Travel Teams: To assist with team assignment for the travel teams, we provide an evaluation opportunity that is completed during Winter Workouts for each age level. All players registered before the February 1st are guaranteed a roster spot on a team even if they are not invited to winter workouts.
All 10U/12U/14U travel rosters will be determined by late February and coaches will then communicate team practice schedules and season expectations. Your coach will determine their team’s practice frequency and schedule but you can usually expect 3-4 practices per week starting in March and then an additional 1-2 games per week beginning in April. The regular season ends in mid-to-late June and if playoffs are achieved then the season may continue through mid-July.
Coaches may also enter their team into tournament(s) and that will be explained at the beginning of the season. Please let your coach know of any scheduling conflicts as soon as you know and remind the coach as you progress through the season.
Uniform & Equipment Information
Each player is required to have a hat and glove for practice’s and game’s. Uniforms are required for games. Non-metal cleats are recommended.
- One jersey/shirt
- One hat
During registration, you’ll be asked to select a hat size of either Adult or Youth. If the coach (applicable to travel team coach’s) selects a Flex style, each player will be measured.
Each player needs baseball pants. For games, every team 14U and under will wear straight leg gray pants with a single black stripe that will go to the shoes. No special socks are required. You may purchase these during registration or from another location. Our prices are $30.00 for all sizes and a belt is included. Measurements are for the waist. The length is adjustable with velcro.
For Tee Ball and Coach Pitch leagues we use the “safety” balls. This is to encourage confidence during the early years. For all other age groups, we use the appropriate hard baseballs for that age.
Batting gloves, mouthguards, chestguards, equipment bags, and other equipment is not provided by the EBA. The EBA is not responsible for the loss or damage of any equipment purchased or owned outside of the EBA.
Ways to Register:
Online Registration: To register your child online, click here. It’s a fast and easy process to get your child signed up for the season.