We proudly serve the Ephrata, PA community as the only comprehensive
K-12 grade consolidated youth sports organization!
Announcements & Upcoming Events
Spring Parent Surveys: As we end or approach the end of another spring season, we want to hear from you about what went well and what could have gone better.
This year we have 2 different surveys for the different leagues. (The service now charges for more than 100 responses per survey so we split them into 2 to save costs)
- Little League (Tball, Coach Pitch, or In-house Kid Pitch) Survey is here.
- LCYBL (10U Travel;12U and 14U) Survey is here.
The surveys will be open until we either receive 100 responses for each or until July 10th. All feedback is given to each league director for review. Note: 16U and 19U survey will be sent out in a few weeks.
FALL BASEBALL: The EBA is reviewing our fall offering and will be communicating the plan by via email and on the website. Please check back after July 15th if you don't receive the email.
New Bat Standards for 2018
Little League is changing their standard for approved bats starting in the spring 2018. The LCYBL is adopting these new rules for 12U and younger age groups. Any bat that doesn't meet the requirement, can still be used for practice. Before purchasing a new bat next year, we recommend reading more about it at the link below.
POSITIVE COACHING ALLIANCE'S FREE PARENT COURSE
You want the best for your children. Get the most out of your Little League experience with the FREE online Parent Course from Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA), a Little League national partner since 2006.
ACCESS FREE PARENT COURSE
PCA - a national non-profit developing Better Athletes, Better People through youth and high school sports. In a matter of minutes, you will learn tips and tools, down to the specific terminology you can use with your children to help them develop resilience, determination, teamwork, and many other character traits that will help them develop as players and as people.
The EBA recommends all coaches, parents/relatives, and board members complete the course. This will help us continually improve and represent all of the positive things about youth sports. Let us know what you think after taking the course. firstname.lastname@example.org
Baseball Game Ticket Offers:
- American Legion Post 429 19U team playing at Clipper Magazine Stadium Friday, June 10th. Also, its Lancaster County American Legion (LCALB) night at the Lancaster Barnstormers on July 7th. $5 of the $12 ticket price benefits LCALB. Get your tickets here.
- Reading Fightin Phils' Ephrata Area Education Foundation Night - June 30, 2017 at 7:05pm at FirstEnergy Stadium. Tickets are discounted to $5.00 each. 4 and under are Free. $2.50 of every ticket benefits the foundation that helps all students in Ephrata Area School District. Buy your tickets here: http://www.ephrataeducationfoundation.org
- Lancaster Barnstormers' Blue Ridge Cable Community Night - August 17, 2017. Tickets are free but there may be a small redemption fee. Redeem vouchers in person in the box office at no charge or online/phone for small fee. It is recommended to redeem the vouchers in the box office before 8/17 to avoid long waits and to have better seat selection. To get your vouchers, please have 1 person from each team consolidate the number needed and send one email request with a total number of vouchers to email@example.com. I will coordinate delivery and then parents will redeem vouchers. EBA has 500 vouchers but there are several other Ephrata businesses that are also passing them out. More information on the event and how to redeem, visit: http://www.lancasterbarnstormers.com/blueridge-community-appreciation/
Mower Fund Drive: The EBA is need of a replacement mower for the fields we use in Akron Roland Park. This tractor is used often during the season and is a great help in keeping the fields game-ready. If you or know of someone who would like to contribute to this fund, please go to https://www.gofundme.com/eba-akron-fields-tractor . Thank you!
Next Board Meeting is Sunday June 25th at 6:00 pm. We'll focus on the fall developementAll meetings are open to all parents and coaches of EBA players and are located at 300 W. Chestnut Street. Previous board meeting minutes are here.
Looking to improve your skills? Additional player development resources are available here.
View all current and future events here.